03 November 2020

This Could Qualify as Peak Florida, If It Hadn't Happened in California

He questioned their Authority. The only difference is that he was cop, questioning the authority of cops. CSUSB cop investigated for pulling gun on fellow officer during discussion of mask enforcement - ABC7 Los Angeles

CSUSB stands for Cal State University San Bernardino.

San Bernardino police are investigating an incident involving a Cal State University San Bernardino law enforcement officer shown on surveillance video pulling his gun and pointing it at a fellow officer.

The sargeant who pointed the gun, was angry because the officer who had the gun pointed-at-him was questioning their authority to enforce mask laws.

But don't worry. Other cops are investigating the incident. They are treating as a midemeanor of "brandishing a weapon."

Pelayes [a lawyer involved in the case] said it should not be investigated as a misdemeanor, but rather as a felony charge for assault with a deadly weapon.

"For brandishing, I could have, for instance, a gun in my waistband. And (if) I lift up my shirt just to show you I have a gun, I just brandished a gun. But if I pull that gun out and actively point it at you, now that turns into an assault."

Cops investigating cops. What could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.