29 October 2020

RIP: Ian Holm

I missed this bit of news in June. I was sorry to hear that. Obituary: Ian Holm. Born September 12, 1931, and died, June 19, 2020. He was 88 years old

His illness was Parkinson's-related, his agent confirmed.

He is most known for playing the old Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's adaptations of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. What a lot of people don't know is that he played the part of Frodo Baggins in the 1981 BBC Radio adaptation of Lord of the Rings. That was 26, thirty-minute episodes on 13 cassette tapes. Which I listened to on many a car trip. I finally donated them to my local library decades ago. There is a version available on either CD, or elsewhere I understand. (Audible?)

Holms also played the android Ash, in the original 1979 movie Alien.

I guess the media was too wound in COVID-19 in June to notice.

1 comment:

  1. The man had a huge resume, check it out.

    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000453/

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.