28 October 2020

Polkarama!

Usually you hear Weird Al Yankovic's parody songs, but on most of his albums he actually includes a polka-medley of popular songs. This is something I didn't know until I got caught up in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. One of the characters, Waldo Butters, is a polka aficionado. And sometimes I just need to laugh.

This is "Polkarama!" by Weird Al Yankovic from the 2006 album Straight Outta Lynwood. The reference to "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz always makes me smile. Don't be fooled by the fact that starts with an actual polka.

The Dresden Files are a cross between The Rockford Files, the old TV show, and Harry Potter. Harry Dresden is a Wizard and a Private Investigator working in Chicago mostly keeping the supernatural threats at bay. And making the occasional snide comment. The first novel isn't great, but the story is engrossing, and Butcher gets better fast as a writer. I can recommend the entire series, though I haven't read the newest addition which was just released this year.

The following songs are contained in the medley:

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the Dresden Files. I've been reading Hunter Blain's series. John Cook is like a cross between Harry Dresden and Deadpool.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.