06 January 2021

I'm Calm Now

Fusion, or sometimes Jazz Fusion, is the melding of Jazz and Rock. It doesn't always work. Some Fusion is good. Some, not so much. I have been thinking, and I'm not sure very many people had a lot of commercial success with it. (I know any number of fusion players/bands, but then my taste in music is rather varied.)

Today's selection is calm enough to listen to while the caffine is still taking hold.

Volto! is a Fusion band out of Studio City in Los Angeles. I ran across them because Danny Carey is the drummer. His principle claim to fame is that he is the drummer for the Progressive Metal band Tool.

This is "I'm Calm Now" by Volto! from their 2013 album Incitare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.