01 August 2026

The History of the Weather Forecast

A tragedy on 25 October 1859 lead one man in Great Britain to create the idea of predicting the weather. On 1 August 1861 The Times (of London) published the world's first forecast.

This is a link to the Proud Of Us UK video 630 People Drowned In One Night. One British Man Made Sure It Never Happened Again. 🇬🇧 over on YouTube

What happened to Great Britain?

1 comment:

  1. The invention of the weather forecast: a story I'd never seen before - about something I can't recall ever NOT seeing before. Robert Fitzroy should be better known.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.