06 July 2026

Self-Defense Is Legal in Alabama

But then I suspected that it was. No charges expected after Huntsville homeowner shoots intruder

If I had to make a bet on whether Texas or Alabama was the more heavily armed state, I'm not sure which state I would select. You have to wonder why bad guys would invade a home, where they are likely to encounter an armed defender.

Police were called to a home at 3AM. They found a guy who had been shot, and they had him taken to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.

Detectives with the Violent Crimes Unit believe the injured man broke into the home while carrying a gun. Police say he then threatened the people inside before one of them shot him in self-defense.

The DA considers the shooting to the be self-defense. The guy who got shot has not been charged, though first-degree burglary was mentioned. The reasons are that he is still in the hospital, and the investigation is still going on.

My guess is that he thought having a gun made him the most dangerous person in the room. He was wrong.

I usually include some geographic reference, but if you don't know where Huntsville, Alabama is, you need some remedial education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.