Evanescence released their new album on Friday 5 June. I had been waiting for this album's release since I first heard the single that they released in April.
Evanescence is a Rock & Roll band fronted by singer/keyboardist Amy Lee. They had a lot of trouble when they released their first album in 2003, because the tiny minds running the music industry and radio stations refused to even listen to their music. "A chick and a piano" was not rock. Even though guys with pianos, e.g. Elton John, Freddie Mercury, etc., were staples of Rock & Roll.
The band consists of:
- Amy Lee – vocals and keyboards
- Troy McLawhorn – guitar
- Emma Anzai – bass
- Tim McCord – guitar
- Will Hunt – drums
This song is "Beautiful Lie" by Evanescence from their 2026 album Sanctuary.
in 1986 a radio station in Long Beach CA. started an all Heavy Metal format (KNAC). Approximately 10 years later the station was sold, but they kept an online presence. Oct 31 2025 they were back on air in the So.Cal./ Vegas area they are now KNAC.FM they have been playing Evanescence for many years, Unfortunately they are only one of many.
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to like the music I like. Most Americans can only understand the 200 songs that were popular when they were in high school. "The greatest music ever was produced in those 4 years." I understand. Cognitive impairment is still sad when it manifests as anonymous, snide comments.
DeleteI apologize for my inability to put thoughts into coherent sentences, what I meant to say was you have to choose where to look for the music you like. Broadcast radio died 30-40 years ago. to find music we like you have to go to other media.
DeleteI have to say that the producer of this song was on the mark that day. From the way that Amy Lee's vocals are blended to the feel of the music, being used to move the song along, not getting in the way are just part of the story.
ReplyDeleteI especially liked that little sort of "break up strain" in the middle of the song, that kind of served to reset your ears.
I was born in 1960, and grew up on 1970's music, which I love. A sax player from way back, I also love jazz. But that doesn't stop me from appreciating truly great music of any genre. Well, except for rap. I don't understand it, and that is on me.